While there are more than 20 countries with HSR (High Speed Rail) in the world, unfortunately most of them are from 1st world. But wait, four of them are in East Asia namely; China, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Forget about the glorious days of the Philippines when it comes to superiority on train networks in the hay days. We cannot live with sentimental values of PNR legendary trains. Our government pocket cannot afford it!
My fascination to Train Travel will surely drive me to visit these countries. The advance train technology that I am not pretty sure if Philippines can have a single one in the next 30 years. It is about time to experience them one by one. 😊
- Shanghai Maglev, also known as Shanghai Transrapid, is currently the fastest train in the world.
- China High-Speed Rail is the longest network in the world with top speed of 350 km/h
- Shinkansen trains of Japan run regularly at speeds up to 320 km/h (200 mph), placing them alongside the French TGV and German ICE as the second fastest trains in the world
- KTX Train of Korea has a top speed of 305 km/h (190 mph)
- Taiwan HSR is a high-speed rail line that runs approximately 350 km/h (217 mi)