Have you ever thought of exploring the northernmost part of Mainland Luzon? If yes, then this travel guide, 5-DAY DO-IT-YOURSELF ILOCANDIA | VIGAN-PAGUPOD, does belong to you.
Let’s have a little bit of geography. Ilocos Region is geographically situated in the northwest part of Mainland Luzon, it comprises several provinces namely Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union and Pangasinan. What we are going to share today is the Northen Ilocandia, the provinces of Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte., the popular hometown of the owner of Ms. Universe Philippines, Chavit Singson and the famous hometown of the Macoses respectively.
We explored Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur, DIY style. Yapak Pinoy is in the mood of blogging, so come and join us explore a 5-Day Holiday Vacations. 🙂
Why we “Do-It-Yourself” instead of package tour?
- It is because we have used to doing it ourselves in travelling, we have been doing it for quite some time already.
- Expressways and Highways in the North are world class, utilizing public transport like bus is hassle-free
- Most of all, we enjoy the feeling of being lost, we ourselves take care of everything from food to accommodation, including mishaps
- WE find it cheaper than getting a package from travel agency
When NOT (DO-IT-YOURSELF)?
- If you are touring as family with kids and seasoned citizens. As I always reiterate, no one would like to compromise a memorable family travels on wasting time finding where the destination is and where the next places to visit are. I highly recommend to take advantage of Package Tour from an affordable and reputable travel agency
5-DAY DO-IT-YOURSELF ILOCANDIA | VIGAN-PAGUDPOD
- Bus Ride from Pasay to Vigan, Ilocos Sur, 9 hours travel time, Bus Fare id P794
- Arrived in Vigan City, checked in to a very affordable transient hotel near Vigan Public Market. “We are backpackers so we travel super light”
- Had our Dinner in Jollibee Vigan, there are variety of eateries within the vicinity, try their specialties, we do not visit a place to eat in fastfood chains
- Had some rest, went to bed, slept to re-energize for the next day
- Explored Calle Crisologo, visited RJ Jar Factory, and Bantay Belfy, we just basically strolled around the city; chill, dine, and relax
- Watched dancing waters at night right in front of Vigan Provincial Capitol
- You should also visit Baluarte which we skipped
- Took a bus ride from Vigan City to Laoag, Ilocos Norte, Bus Fare is P140, 3 hours travel time
- Took another bus Non-Airconditioned from Laoag to Pagudpod, another 1 hour travel time, Bus Fare is P80
- Arrived at Pagudpod and took a tricycle ride to Sabang, Tricycle Fare is P100
- Checked in to resort, had lunch and roamed around, also did some online sidekicks (sideline) 😊
- The remaining half day was basically spent to chill and relax in the beach, it was not crowded when we visited the place, it was September Off-Peak season and so accommodation was affordable
- Took a Bus ride from Municipality of Pagudpod to Municipality of Burgos
- Availed of the SOUTH TOUR (BURGOS) route for P600. Destinations: Cape Bojeador Light House, Kapurpurawan Rock Formation and Bangui Windmills
- We skipped the NORTH TOUR, we headed back to our resort in Pagudpod
- Headed to Laoag from Pagudpod, Bus Fare P80, 1 hr. Travel time
- Strolled around in the city of Laoag, you can also visit Laoag Sand Dunes which we also skipped
- Took a jeepney ride from Laoag City to MInicipality of Paoay to visit the famous Paoay Church as well as to taste the famous Ilocos Empanada
- Headed back to Manila from Paoay, 12 hours travel time by bus, Faire is P700