Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases decided to lift the travel restrictions effective immediately because of strict measures being undertaken by Taiwan to contain the spread of the new coronavirus or COVID-19.
The new development on lifting the travel ban to Taiwan is a welcome development and a total relief for us. When the announcement about Travel ban to Taiwan was issued by the Philippine government a week ago, it was a total disaster for us who will be traveling to Taiwan this coming April 2020. My travel companions will be coming from Europe and some parts of the country where they already booked their flights months ago.
We are planning to go back to Taiwan for the 3rd time in a short span of 18 months. I have never recalled any country that I kept on coming back.
Here are the few reasons why I keep coming back to TAIWAN
- COST – It is not expensive to travel to Taiwan. The amount of money that you will spend in Taiwan is almost the same as traveling to local domestic destinations in the Philippines EXCEPT that you need to pay for travel tax from the airport.
- FOOD – Night Markets in Taiwan are all over; wide variety of Taiwanese cuisines abound.
- TRANSPORTATION -moving from one place to the other is very convenient. Taiwan’s transport system is one of the best in Asia.
- WEATHER -Taiwan’s 4 seasons without the snow during winter season is a perfect weather for a tropical islander like me.
- NO VISA POLICY FOR FILIPINOS – Taiwan has extended its VISA-FREE entry for Filipinos up until July of 2020.